Using a culvert pipe as a well cellar may seem like a quick and cost effective approach. However, many E&P companies are starting to recognize the long term costs associated with near wellbore clean up and the inherent safety problems with culvert pipe.
With Cellar Tech’s Containment Well Cellar System, there’s a better way.
Old Well Cellar Methods
Cellar Tech’s Containment
|A difficult work environment presenting safety and environmental challenges for onsite personnel||
The well cellar becomes a permanent part of the facility and incorporates long term safety, environmental, and operational improvements while substantially reducing costs
|Soil and groundwater contaminated by lubricants and fluids used during drilling, workover, completion, and production operations||
Long term prevention of water and soil contamination
|Costly pumping of well cellars to eliminate groundwater infiltration and runoff accumulation||
Substantially reduces or eliminates pumping well cellars and disposal of fluids
|Well cellars are an unimproved excavation without structural support for the conductor||
The well cellar becomes a sealed, dry, structural support for the conductor that inhibits broaching
|Represents the potential for multiple violations of state and federal work place safety and environmental standards||
Provides wellsite containment meeting federal and state secondary containment permeability standards while minimizing or eliminating potential for OSHA workplace safety violations
Cellar Tech’s Containment Well Cellar system, along with a variety of available options, can improve your drilling operations.
What is your company risking by not utilizing a Containment Well Cellar?
- Soil contamination
- Poor/dirty working conditions for workers in & around the cellar
- Collision issues due to wellheads and production equipment placed above grade
- Wellhead equipment that is above grade is not secure and untrained personal can disturb it
- Equipment, people, animals, and other objects falling in to the cellar
- Soil around the cellar washing out and becoming unstable
- Cellar walls without the ability to handle heavy surcharge loads caving in when heavy equipment gets close to the cellar
Many other issues exist as well. Click the thumbnails below for the full size images of incidents and poor working conditions that could have been avoided by utilizing Cellar Tech’s Containment Well Cellars:
Custom Well Cellars
When it comes to a drilling rig, a “one-size-fits-all” solution seldom works. That’s why Cellar Tech provides a selection of standard Containment Well Cellars as well as numerous options. Cellar Tech will be glad to develop a custom design for your operations. Download our informational Cellar Tech Presentation PDF (Adobe Reader required).
- Custom Sized Containment Well Cellars
- Round Containment Well Cellars
- Square Containment Well Cellars
- Tapered Disposable Containment Well Cellars for Exploration
- Tapered Reusable Containment Well Cellars for Exploration.
- Piping Stub Outs and Sumps
- Heavy Duty Base Plate Containment Well Cellars
- Runoff Exclusion Rings
- PE Certified Designs for Nearly Any Application
Cellar Tech also offers a wide range of available options. Visit our Accessories page to learn more.
Have a question on how Cellar Tech’s containment well cellar can be customized to your drilling rig? Contact Us today.
Installation of our Containment Well Cellar System
Installation is easy and multiple containment well cellars can be installed in a single day with a three man crew and basic excavating equipment. For more information on installing our Containment Well Cellars please visit our Installation page and FAQs page.
Contact us today to learn more about Cellar Tech Containment Well Cellars as well as our other products and services!